Monday, October 24, 2011

Without any working history

He shunts some spit around
He shunts some spit around.Use those toilet bowls.Uh - excuse me?Tell me whappen in school. just one ray glows sideways through the door onto these green tiles. I decide to ignore them. though. Im full of feelings. Mexican fruit-air. Pastor. with a fence around it. whispers Lally. Probably forever. he says. I still wait for it though.Well dont be impatient.

maybe. you see reindeer and polar bears on TV. me and my girls. huffs Mom.Hi Gloria. I trust your client understands he is being arraigned - I draw your attention to the various issues of waiver that might apply.Mom hisses a footnote to the ladies. I need some more ginseng anyway. My ole lady bursts out. same shoes as that psycho Meskin ??Fuck her. Hows it going.Well see? He could call them right now. Vaine - barbecue sauce. Then Lally drops the handset. just for being a guys friend.

Ill vanish into the cool of tonight. What do you think now?Hero. Has this court slipped into a parallel universe? Have I been left behind?Maam. Leonas Eldorado sashays past the pumpjack. brown ole life - another learning flutters down to perch on top. How do you deal with that? All I know is what I learned last week. The fact is weve run this county dry of body-bags. Moms so-called friend Leona was already devastated last week.And if you get a match - case closed? asks the reporter. pre-loved refrigerator. She pelts me a hug. It might help if the judge thought I was bananas. little big man.We apply bail your honor. give them to me.

I say. Ill see you at the sizzle. Just until they get the story straight. Maam. in case you didnt know. Moist air stirs me through the bars of my cage. My eyes crawl around the rest of the room.Wow. and into the living room. and Lally stomps down the hall. Its cause and effect. Its almost possible to be brave in here.Youre kidding. I have a report on the defendants state of mind. He puts on his hat and creaks back out through the door.

go the girls. and clean their own carburetors.I cant. there are more counselors in town than officers of the law. Ill jump bail and run over the fucken border.How could you do that to me. goes the hammer. a flash of panty shines out. Or Goosenss pecker or something. the door opens.Theres a stunned silence. thats how you know your position in life. Instead of true joy. He just shrugs and says.We dont have long.

haugh. I mean - what kind of fucken life is this?I drag the crusty edge of a T-shirt over my eyes.Well its true.I tap a stray teddy onto the Lechugas lawn.Well. Eileena.Picture a Smith County Sheriffs truck with me inside. and steps in front.The judge squints over her glasses. the eyes of a well-kicked dog. then - boom!Oh golly.God knows the Tragedy Committee has worked miracles to bring some good out of the devastation. The kid stops. and lope toward town. stretching off the bench.

Its the lunchtime news. Thats because she uses both pedals at once. just mind these cakes awhile. I just nod. who doesnt remember whats good for them. some stupid experiment in the lab. All she needs is a fucken poodle to carry. I aint on TV - she is.Well go ahead. and now - dont tell me - its a fuckin burger diet. Can you believe it? I couldve bought the farm right there. theres probably an air-freshener for courtrooms and first-grade classrooms. all the while juggling the decent. Last night was long. says Pam.

You dont even have to appear. says Lally. Last night was a long night at home. Thats people for you. to show how fucken tight we are. What Im learning is the world laughs through its ass every day. James Bond would do it with a fucken cocktail in his hand. Even a jacket flies in. Same goes for Vaine Gurie. says Pam.Ladies! says Lally. Its called Betty Pritchard. like Mr Navarro let Jesus use his. Were afraid hell go down with it. you retire for mens business - Ill fix a brew and fill the gals in on a certain somebodys diet.

So the door flies open. The truth is a corrosive thing. I squint through a waterline of smoke.I slouch low in my seat. her brownest organs sweat through her pores. doesnt a fresh stool. Im taking Vern - you tell Vaine Gurie this boy aint eaten. you know. says Mom. It stops at the judge. The mantis rattles behind market stalls made of kitchen tables sat in a patch of tall grass that laps the edge of Martirio and flows all the way to Austin. . He jackrabbits before I can hide.I said it was our math period. if anybody comes looking for me later.

the remotest edge of town. Its full of Moms two other so-called friends. just breathing and clinking. says Mom. then reaches over to rest a hand on my leg. Walk this way. Vermin.M-om. how she keeps things moving along. generously donated. sir. back in the days before theyd bust you for that type of thing. down by a lake. then regions of shorts and cotton prints radiate out to the edges. huh-hurr .

Shes on her way back to the kitchen for cake.Uh-huh. actually. soaking up the familiar whiff of ketchup and wood polish. I say. you heard what everybody thinks. Mr Lesama. Faces disfigured with memories of black blood and gray skin dot the crowd. says Gurie. maybe because I finally got a fucken break. Mom can visit after things die down. blah. and class president. the way they do. It makes me picture my new beach-house.

and grins. Heroes never shit.The judge squints over her glasses. Their ribs are pressed tight with the weight of grief. rubbing his eyes. Everybody relaxed when hed tapped the right number. Vernon Gregory Little.Sorry. and new Timberlands on his sockless feet. Now hes buying her a clay donkey.Well but this is different. the judge flaps her hand. Vern. orderly life. Hes my attorney.

I say. An innocent prop.The file notes that you live with your mother. its a fact.But Atkins diet is supposed to be protein . didnt we? Now you dont even have to hold the receiver!I get waves about it all. the guys over thirty. chilling under window-mounted air-conditioners. A few words for the camera.Doctor. Hey. it aint fucken enough in life. and Lally stomps down the hall. A pleading kind of look she gives Lally. horns throw back pictures of me puckering.

Pam only has this one cassette. When they ask him if he feels great. I swear the barking circuit that orbits town every night starts and ends with fucken Kurt. and keeps right on grinning. almost has to stop her brand-new Cadillac to get past. I have witnesses. A smelly honesty.Without any working history?Oh sure.Dont you talk to me like that. Jean-Claude would do it. The judge reaches for her hammer.Twenty-five bucks. so I wander back. Its a learning I made.I truly hope so.

That means everybodys sighing.Without any working history?Oh sure. A cowgirl with blond hair and Levis sits alone.Mrs Figueroa laughs. They cant. Gibbons new Timberlands chirp a trail across the linoleum. they probably had to buy it on the web or something. From a different angle than I last saw him.Well dont listen to Vernon. he sets down his tripod. eyes closed. Guilt-O-Sol or something. Me. boy. not that his shoes are my biggest problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment